Sunday 5 December 2010

Home time . . .

So, I am back in sunny Scotland . . . actually I am lying. It's not so sunny - in fact is covered in snow which is a nice change to the blistering heat I have had to endure over the past 8 months.

I have settled well back into college life and things seem to be going good although I should probably be studying a little more, and not cracking away at a Blog.

I've recently discovered the wonder of Twitter (@ThomCampbell12) and to be honest I love it. I have always been a major Facebook fan, a vowed never to go to another social networking site, but Twitter isn't like Facebook, MySpace or indeed bebo. I feel like with twitter I can call it the way I see it. I can complain about my train journey, or about the boring day I am having and not have 200 friends comment on it. There is something. . . 'free' about it.

I feel the ship has changed me somewhat. Perhaps I have grown up and matured a little, perhaps not. It has spoiled me for sure. It has shown me a lifestyle that is beyond what I could ever have imagined. Every morning waking up into a new port and place, seeing some of the world’s most beautiful places like the Amazon River, or The Bosporus and The Dardanelles, as I say - spoiled.



One thing that is awesome about being back is having a Starbucks Coffee each morning. It really makes my day. The coffee on the ship was good but i love a cheeky Starbucks before classes each morning.

And now I will head back to the Nav. Maths revision . . . the joys.

No comments: